Monday 7 July 2008

Resumption of wartime situation

Enormously sorry, but the truce with my ex-wife has not held. Out of sheer exhaustion with all the crap, total distrust in the family courts, and the hope of relieving the pressure on my sons, I agreed in March to a totally inequitable dispute resolution in which I paid out a large amount of money when I didn't believe I owed her a bent farthing.

For the third or fourth time in this saga, a show of friendliness by me has resulted in my getting kicked in the wotsits. I got a real one-two this week; firstly, I discovered that she was not prepared to put a penny towards the Enormous Oafs' university expenses, and secondly I discovered that she had set the Inland Revenue on me (see earlier post). One or the other might have been acceptable, but both together....I have the choice of letting the Oafs starve (or at least go short of beer) or running fast out of cash myself, with the help of the taxman. I shall of course choose the latter course, even though I can't expect either of them to recognise the truth of the situation - it would be too painful. Nor will I extend myself in imaginative invective about the woman - the Oafs wouldn't like it. All I can say - and I'll only say it once - is that if anyone calls either of them a son-of-a-bitch, they won't really be able to deny it.

7 comments:

Ken said...

I suspect that you could have had all the Chinese takeaways that you wanted, but you just were not discrete enough about it. Had you been then none of this would have arisen, and you and your wife would still be living in that nice palace that you had.

Let your sons learn from their nice Uncle Exile that a good mistress keeps a bad marriage alive. Let them learn from their father that they need to keep reasonably quiet about their horizontal activities.

Tamburlaine the Great said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ken said...

You are pulling my dick - it was George???

Words have just failed me. I remember thinking once that you should have called him to get you out of the MI5 mess.

That is what friends are for, ran my train of thought...

YoshiChief said...

Now I know that you are free to write what you wish, and I respect that, but as you might guess, I'll have to disagree with your last sentance.

Of course things have gone wrong with both of you, but for the record, things could have been a LOT worse, and I can't help but feel a tad hurt by that.

But of course with life comes lessons, and we all have learnt our own ones, havent we?

Tamburlaine the Great said...

yoshichief - sorry to hurt you. No-one can blame you for being loyal. I promised I'd only say it once and I won't say it again.

But I can't retreat from it being what I think. Quite apart from my own feelings on being kicked in the teeth again and again every time I try to be more friendly (it won't happen again), it's the masquerading as a mother which really gets me. If a parent earns so much money that she prevents her children from getting grants, scholarships etc. which they deserve, and won't pay those children a bent penny out of that income, then what sort of word would be appropriate? If my income was so large as to debar you from getting state support, I'd feel it was my duty to replace that support. I rest my case, but I won't go on in this vein any more.

Tamburlaine the Great said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ken said...

I met Dan but didn't see the bother. I arrived a bit late to the reception, and if you know the room, then it is a large L-shape, so it may have happened outside my line of sight. Nick did say later that Dan had had an argument, but I had no idea that it was with Lucas, or that he had behaved so badly towards you.

My eldest is now 14 and stands at 5'11". He is so big that he can drive a car around and the cops ignore him. I worry about the 7 year old, because he is still so little, but he is coming up fast and will probably be the tallest in the family. I hope that I live long enough to see that.

Yup, that's what they are for.