Thursday 17 July 2008

Japanese Condoms

Good story on the BBC today, about Korean commuters insisting that advertisements for Japanese condoms are removed from the Seoul underground. This is of course all to do with one of these bouts of pointless nationalism that bedevil East Asia, over territorial claims to a couple of guano-covered islands, and ultimately comes down to the fact that East Asia hates the Japanese like poison because of World War II, and always will. (I sympathise: I always have a drink to celebrate Hiroshima Day - but then I have a drink to celebrate something or other every day of my life.)

The Koreans are missing a trick here. What they should be saying is that they won’t buy Japanese condoms because they don’t fit. I wouldn’t know first-hand, but apparently the Japs are well adrift at the bottom of the table in the international cock-size league. (No prizes for guessing who’s top.) According to my more promiscuous female and gay friends, we’re talking first-joint-of-your-pinky-finger here. Banzai!

No comments: