Thursday 13 December 2007

The £64,000 question...

(Unconvincing Victor Meldrew impression) "I don't BELIEVE it!"

Got a formal letter from the Queen Bitch's solicitors this morning (or rather this afternoon, when I woke up). Not quite sure what planet the woman is on. To avoid the "stress and costs" of a court hearing, at which she is trying to make me pay £64,000 over the next three and a half years, she suggests a compromise, whereby I pay the whole £64,000 all at once, and then she will leave me alone. Great deal, eh? This isn't child support, either - the kids are both grown up and I do that anyway. It's purely to keep her in the style to which she thinks she is entitled. I rather pity her lawyers, who won't be allowed to suggest any sensible compromise - no, this lady wants it ALL. I have written back to them to say no way, José, and by the way be careful about advancing any statements she might make in court, as she is clearly away with the fairies, and nothing she says will stand up if challenged, as it will be.

If someone like Dave Cameron (or Uncle Gord, for that matter) is interested in supporting marriage, I suggest he starts by legislating to make life less easy for blood-sucking ex-wives with "lifestyles". Otherwise no man will step into the lion's den ever again.

No comments: